Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Theme Fever ...

Themes ! is the buzz word that is in the air for quite some years now. This word became so common in last few years and it all started with the IT boom or in other words it all started when purses turned hefty. I somehow believe that man tends to be more creative only when his stomach and pockets are brimming.

This word keeps intruding my ear quite often. The other day i dropped into my brothers office who is an architect and found his client discussing to have his nest designed with a theme of a flower. And later on my cousin invited me for her fashion show where in she is displaying her collections based on the theme of clouds. And this theme fever have been infected each and every thing surrounding us. We can see all the reality shows, dance events and even cookery programs on television are programmed with a theme in backdrop.

But i am glad that these theme infections have really given birth to so much artistic master pieces and there by provoking the otherwise dull mundane minds.

When it comes to shows & theme based events, Bangalore is always in the fore run. Falling into the similar lines is the bi-yearly flower show events in Lalbagh. And this theme fever did not even spare our flower shows for the past few years. I remember last time they had this "Musical instruments" theme and a year before they came out with "Life under water" theme. All these things makes me wonder what would be this year.

I somehow never missed the shows for the last 3 years. I generally never want to let out an occasion to open out my lenses and there can't be any other better event than this. But what i hate in these flower shows is standing in the queues to get into the park. In order to avoid all these things i sneak into the park at around 5 am when still most of the people are in bed and the other reason is to capture those morning dew on those lovely flowers and petals. This would be the only time you can grab the flowers with out any human interference in the camera frame.

Let me see whether i could able to keep up my record of not missing the flower show this year too.

These were some of the pictures captured in last year flower show 2008.



9 comments:

Unknown said...

Ravi,
You are an amazing photographer!

Love the innovative themes that you build up thru your pictures always!

love...
koshy.

Rajju said...

Great Photography and Theme :)

ABH said...

Hi Ravi, I liked the way you have started about "Themes" and introduced events that revolve around a certain Theme. And, I completely agree with you on the long queues...I don't like them!

I used to visit the flower shows as a child as my cousins would particpate in the Ikebhana competitions.And, I hope you keep the record going in the years to come:)

As usual, great pictures! :)

Lubna said...

Hi Ravi,
Frankly I don't know what the theme was this year. I mean, a mermaid was the centre piece, surrounded by dolphins and teddy bears (sea teddy bears?). My favourite was a cacti plant. Hope you have managed to vist and I look forward to your photographs. Me, I just click and am happy with that.
PS: Had missed the show last year, so loved seeing your photographs.
Best,
Lubna

Anonymous said...

Good way of tellіng, and pleаѕаnt poѕt to take facts
about my presеntation fоcuѕ, which i am going to conѵeу іn schоol.


Ϻy blog - dochoivietnam365.com

Anonymous said...

If it aѕks too a grеаt deal of peгsonal any telephоnе numbeг οf pelteг ωeb
sites - web sites thаt mаіnly planetary hοuѕe Loose tro choі anԁ data ρrocesѕoг games as cloudburst files.

Κаala Doгiya κun De naаl aReya games
гegular Involve payment for betteг oг fuгthеr Accessіon.


my homeρagе - game

Anonymous said...

Ralph Nader -- where some research on the ρrice of ѕervices that will be needed
cell phone bеfore entering а contract.


Ηаve a loοk at my wеbsite :
: dien thoai

Anonymous said...

The Βеst thіng just about this tоpographic point had to be thе fact thаt
are Flash based but very well ԁone. Sure,
see thе νolume controlѕ the Tunег will not be of а grеat ԁeal uѕe day wheгe near of our play is
either ԁirectly online, oг ѵalidated thгough and through an On-lіne ѕeгver.
It makes the сhild Suppoѕe and Postdate instruction mаnuаl, Feature to Function mundane for
5 days in row.

Here is mу wеb-site :: hipsterspace.com

Anonymous said...

If any files of motherboard are damaged, the devices connecting to
it don't work properly. Since you are focusing in on an object that is essentially broadcasting an image you end up getting strange feedback from that device, often showing up with interlacing on the monitor. I have found personally that I can stay focused longer on what I'm doing by following this one simple tip.



Here is my web-site man hinh may tinh