Friday, December 11, 2009

Galbaski

There are very few days in our life where in whatever we do turns out to be gold, we find results in all the things we do. Most of the things in our ever pending list gets resolved so soothingly and makes you believe that we should always act on our intuitions.

Yesterday was one of those countable days where in all my actions were driven by just intuition and the results were very convincing in all the ways. After finishing most of my works i felt i should watch a play today. It was already a couple of months that I had visited Ranga shankara, but it was already 7pm and the play starts at 7.15pm. I thought i should some how make it today. I rushed myself and just managed to squeeze between the closing gates.

"Galbaski" , yes thats the name of the plays name. I have never heard about it earlier, I was even not sure which language the play is until it started.

Sometimes these incidents in your life makes you realize that we should look out and start reading these signs which confronts you very often, may be thats what even Paulo coelho mentioned in his writings.

I was glad that I made it for such a wonderful, thought provoking play. It was really worth for the strain and effort I took in getting there for the play. The play revolves around the life of a prostitute and the way society uses her. The highlight of the play is the character "Mirror". The author is very talented in letting out his message through a common mirror. Everyone likes to see themselves in the mirror but what we see in mirror is not what exactly we are, but the mask we carry upon us.

The play was very well scripted and the Hindustani alap rendered by a young singer was so soothing that most of the time I was watching him singing rather than play. His voice had so much power that, even though it was in the backdrop it was highlighted.

Details:
Play: Galbaski
Playwright: Coffee Raghavendra
Director: KSDL Chandru
Troupe: Roopantara, Bengaluru

I just remembered a Zen meditation which talks about healing powers of mirror. It says if we stand naked in front of the mirror every day for few minutes then we get cleansed naturally without any effort because there is so much power in nakedness and its difficult to watch complete nakedness.

Below is one of my experiments with nakedness.


1 comment:

Raghu said...

After reading this post i felt I missed one of the best play. Nice work Ravi. Sometimes things happen haphazard and accidental, if we can get the signals right may be we can understand better.

Keep posting and let Ranga Sankara live on in your posts.