Friday, December 4, 2009

Kavigala Mecca - Kavishaila

Yes, I am back from Haj. I am sure any art lover will agree with me if I coin Kavishaila as "Kavigala Mecca".

Recently i came across a documentary on Kavishaila, ever since i watched that program there flourished a desire to visit & capture this sacred place. Thanks to my friend Archana, the very moment she invited me for her sisters wedding at shimoga i decided i will make a trip to Kuppalli (around 75 kms from shimoga).

Its such a great feeling to be at the place where he sat and composed those great master pieces. They have refurbished his old home at Kuppali and converted it into a museum of all his literary works and an artistic monument has been erected at the place where he is laid to rest.

Please find below a small tribute to the great legend.

Stills from Kavishaila





References

3 comments:

ABH said...

Hi Ravi, you explore the unexplored,don't you? :) Thanks for bringing such a beautiful place on your blog.My mom and me like such houses a lot and she liked the windows a lot :)

And, why thank me? Actually, I can't thank you all enough for coming so far :)I am so happy you came :) Thanks! :)

VIJDREAMZ said...

Some People in this world are Priceless...:) So are your Pics n Your Post too :)

Raghu said...

nice pics... 'Ravi kaaNadannu kavi kanDa'... Now you have re-discovered Kuvempu.... amazing pics and great post to the great poet.