Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Blog Mania

There exists lot of mania around me. There is this cricket mania whenever India is playing some important tour or world cup, every where all i find is cricket or else there is currently this recent election mania where in all channels i don't know how many programs on elections is broadcast every day. Even my cell phone irritates me every 5 minutes with advt of some election campaign.

Like this there was a Blog mania that erupted very recently with my very closest friends circle. Its all started when my friend Koshy was inspired by some blogs from long time and wanted to start one of his own to share across his feelings or views. The blog bug which bit him seems to be very much contagious that it spread across to myself and Raghu.

With this bug bite i was infected first and started my very own blog and then came on Raghu & Koshy. There don't end the story the very starting of a blog puts on more responsibility on the blog owner because he has to keep his blog alive. I just did a quick statistics survey on the google blogger site and the results seems to be very much depressive, out of the 100 blogs that is created by lot of enthusiasts like us , hardly 2 of the sites are alive after 3 months with regular posts.

With all the stats i collected above i realized it really a great responsiblity on the blog owner. Since i was always look out for some interesting subjects or characters around me to include in my blog. The very conversations with my close friends also clarified that they too were feeling something like this. In a way its good that we are getting more sensitive and observative since we need to find an subject to keep their blog alive :).

I realized that its so strange and amazing that the very subject to be analyzed can also be used a tool for analyzing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ravi,
T'm amazed at the rate at which you are writing articles. It's difficult for me to catch up reading them :).

With the energy & thoughts that you have, I am sure we have a superhit blog here.

Am happy that we have a circle of close friends who have found this interest, each one inspiring each other.


cheers...
koshy.

ABH said...

Whatever is said regarding finding a topic to include in a blog is true.And, after reading your write up, I am suddenly feeling the responsibility towards my blog;hope I shall be able to keep it alive.

Raghu said...

Yup. This is true with any kind of association. I mean whether its a group or family or pair the point of keeping the relationship alive is a must.
This is a association with blogging being the medium, responsibility is part of it.