Thursday, April 16, 2009

Why there exists a conflict in my decisions?

Dude: Hey dude, whatz up?
Me: Nothing much same stuff, so what are you into?
Dude: Do you get a bus now to go?
Me: go where?
Dude: I don't know just want to go somewhere?
Me: But why?
Dude: Because i wanted to go, I just feel like going out of Bangalore for few days.
Me: But it’s very difficult now, it’s already late night and you don't have anything planned?
Can't you just plan out and go tomorrow morning?
Dude: Nope, I want to go somewhere right now at any cost because my mind wants me to go.This is freedom man :)

If this had happened a month back or so I would have really moved by his actions. But today I did not feel like that. I don’t know why? I just started asking just one question, Is this is what is called Freedom?

So my mind started pounding me with a lot questions like what do you mean by Freedom? Is doing whatever you like is Freedom? Or liking what you do is Freedom? Or doing whatever things which gives pleasure to us is Freedom?. The more I wanted to come to solution, the more it was moving away from me.

My mind switched into analyzing mode, I questioned myself what should I do when I need to make decisions? When there exists a sudden urge to do something, what should I do? I just go with the mind and do whatever it wants me to do or sit down and look up all the pros and cons of it and decide whether to go with it or not ?.

Our mind is very much intelligent and plays the cards on both sides. It sometimes tells me one thing and the very next minute it suggests a totally opposite thing. So when i listen to my mind at the very first time and obey it as it guided me, once the very act is done most of the time it takes a different stand and questions you that you might be wrong and it gives a totally new version. May be that’s the reason we feel guilt and question our decisions which we had taken in the past because we are in conflict with ourselves on the decisions we take.

We are in need to find the reasons behind this conflict since once its resolved then any decision we take would be contented. Most of the times we go with an opinion from external source which might not fetch us a solution because the other person may not have experienced the same situation as me and his opinion is just out of shear assumption.

There also exists an idea of listening to your heart than your mind concept from a very long time, which when analyzed will realize that there isn’t any intelligence in the heart to take decisions so it’s only a mind game.
The only way to make a non conflicting decision is when we completely understand the behaviors and patterns of the human mind. Once this is achieved all the games played by the mind can be understood at the very basic level and we can take decisions without much influence of the mind.

But the very art of understanding the mind is very mysterious because we have to understand the mind with the help of the mind.

1 comment:

Raghu said...

Very interesting post. As I understand its matter or mind. The more one uses brain it becomes stronger, for instance a hard working farmer may not even think there is something called mind controlling him.

Watch Aladin animated series, where a strong good body is disturbed and controlled by intelligent brain.

Either "your body should take control of your mind" or "understand mind through mind". great post man keep up the tempo...