Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hats off to this marvelous creation !

I was just rolling my fingers on the black and white keys after almost five months or more. The electronic keyboard is such a beautiful musical instrument that even a novice would enjoy playing it, because there already exists a vast builtin music database which can be played just on tap of a button. You can always press a key or more randomly along with the prerecorded rhythms and get a great feel.

I was very much convinced that technology drives everything in this world now, no need of so many years of music learning and then composing a song or so. All that you need to compose a beautiful piece is an average musical knowledge, a bit of creativity and exposure to technology.
When you are exposed to technology to the core and your life is stuffed with lot of creativity then you can do wonders in life. The same thing i feel holds good in any of the fields as of now.

I was totally amazed with these electronic chips over the human brain, the very technology driving the whole world around us. When all these thoughts and music from the keyboard making circles in my head i was distracted by the interferences of incoming call in my cell phone.

I just picked up my cell and checked the caller id, it was some number which does not exists in my phone library. I was just wondering and thinking whether to pickup the call or not, because i usually don't pick any unsaved numbers.

Anyway i received the call and said "Hello" , and the person on the other side answered with the same intensity as mine and replied "Hello How are you?".

My mind went totally blank for a second since the voice on the other said is unknown to me and involuntarily i said without thinking "I am fine, How about you?". Meanwhile as i said these above words, my mind was computing with such super fast than any computer in the world searching through the records of all the voice samples stored in my database from the day i have born.

By the time the other person replied "I am doing great! So its a been a long time" , the search engine within me came out with a concrete solitary result.

I just want to confirm my search result and i asked "Is it Ganesha", yes it was him. He was very much surprised and happy that i recognized his voice after almost 9 years. Ganesha was my engineering college mate whom i have not met after January 2000 and it was just yesterday he called me to invite for his marriage.

After i finished talking with Ganesha, i was once again convinced to myself that however sophisticated the technology is still there is no comparison to the human brain. I was really amazed with the lightening speed and accuracy of human brain to process the whole data that existed for all the years and came out with the right match.

Hats off to this marvelous creation !

1 comment:

Guru said...

Great to know through this source that Ganesha got married. You have written some nice blogs... good to be here mate...